Is your site not generating sales or leads as you expect?
Are you contemplating a redesign, but your site isn’t that old?
Website redesign projects are expensive, time-consuming, and take resources away from other projects. And a lot of the time, they aren’t necessary.
Start with a user experience audit and realign your website with your customers’ needs.
What is a UX Audit
A UX audit service is a professional review of your website based on industry standards and best practices.
I’ll conduct an in depth review of your website, based on a UX audit checklist I’ve created. There are over 80 items that look at specific areas that impact the user experience:
- Content structure
- Content substance
- Forms and other web application
- Creative design
A UX audit is like a home inspection. I’ll poke around in every nook and cranny and let you know what needs fixing or replacing, and how soon.
A user experience audit has 5 parts
- Get to know your customers and their decision making process.
- Through the lens of your customers, identify all the roadblocks on your current website that are hurting sales and other conversions. (See the list above ☝️)
- Conduct a gap analysis to compare the content you have now with the information your customers are looking for.
- Re-align your content with their decision making journey.
- Create an internal link structure to persuade customers toward conversion, by presenting them with the right calls to action at the right time.
You get a comprehensive list of action items organized by priority and effort required.
The best part? Usually most of the recommendations can be made in your CMS by a non-technical person. No coding necessary.
(Note, the initial engagement doesn’t include me implementing the recommendations. The audit results must come first, then you can decide if you’d like me to help fix everything up.)
Benefits of a user experience audit
- You avoid an expensive redesign project.
- Your content will be aligned with your users’ decision making process. This naturally builds trust and confidence in your organization.
- You’ll learn a lot, like being able to identify usability and accessibility issues so you can avoid them in the future.
- You get an improved user experience that translates directly into more conversions (sales, leads, registrations, downloads, attendees, subscribers, etc.
Why should you trust me to do the audit?
In 1996, I sat in a mall and gave demos of this cool new thing called the world wide web. Since then I’ve been fascinated by how people behave online. I’m dedicated to being their advocate – and to helping organizations create websites that are a win-win.
After the audit, you might still need to redesign your website. The good news is none of the UX audit activities are a waste – they can all carry over to a new website. I work with a number of talented designers and developers. I can assemble the right team for your project, or work with your existing vendor.
Do you have roadblocks on your site that are stopping customers from engaging with you?Get in touch